What is Venus Viva
Venus Viva™ is a non-surgical solution for skin resurfacing that corrects signs of skin damage and improves the appearance of acne scars and other scars, stretch marks, rosacea, enlarged pores, deep wrinkles, and uneven skin texture and pigmentation.
How it Works
Venus Viva™ skin resurfacing treatments work with tiny pins that safely deliver heat (via Nano Fractional Radio Frequency) through the skin’s surface. This creates tiny micro-dermal wounds, which the body naturally heals on its own. This process repairs signs of skin damage visible on the surface of the skin. Since the wounds are so small, the treatment is much more comfortable than traditional CO2 lasers, while still producing incredibly visible results.
Your treatment provider may also enhance your treatment plan with the Diamond Polar™ applicator, which works to further diminish lines and wrinkles. The Diamond Polar™ applicator uses Multi-Polar Radio Frequency and Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields to produce uniform heat under the skin’s surface. This process helps to naturally increase collagen and elastin fibers, resulting in smoother, firmer skin that looks noticeably more youthful.
SAFE FOR ALL SKIN TONES:
Unlike most other skin resurfacing treatments that are not safe for darker skin tones, Venus Viva™ is safe for all ethnicities, even for darker complexions.
LOW TO NO DOWNTIME:
Return to your daily skin care routine 24 hours after skin resurfacing treatments. No downtime at all for wrinkle reduction treatments.
Sessions last only 15-30 minutes.
Does this treatment work for me?
The ideal candidate is anyone who shows signs of skin damage, including deep wrinkles, scars, visible pores, stretch marks, and/or anything else that affects the skin’s texture.
- For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
- An Internal defibrillator/pacemaker or any other active electrical implant in the body
- Any permanent implant or injected substance around the treatment area
- Any active conditions in the treatment area (e.g. rash)
- History of skin disorders or very dry skin
- Current or history of cancer (including pre-malignant moles)
- Severe concurrent conditions (e.g. cardiac disorders)
- Pregnant or nursing
- An impaired immune system
- A history of disease around the treatment area that’s stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes)
- Taking blood thinners
- Had a facelift or eyelid surgery within the past 3 months
- Had any resurfacing treatments or chemical peels within the past 3 months
- Had any cosmetic injections within the past 2 weeks
- Consumed any Advil, Tylenol or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs within the past week of your treatment
- Any surgeries within the past 6 months
- Treating over tattoos or permanent makeup
- Excessively tanned
How many sessions will I need to see results?
Most patients receive 3-4 treatments per area. The exact number will depend on each individual person and the area being treated.
What does the treatment feel like?
You will feel tiny pins on your skin followed by a little zap. Your face will then feel warm, like a sunburn.
Is there Downtime after Treatment?
Yes, but only for 24 hours’ post-treatment (or up to 5 days for more aggressive treatments), unlike lasers or other treatments where recovery or downtime lasts up to 10 days. Your skin will be red and for the first 24 hours, you will not be allowed to apply or rub anything on your skin, including water or sweat (so no hot yoga or any other exercise that will make you perspire). After 24 hours, you may put on makeup and resume your regular skincare routine. You should apply sunscreen (at least SPF 30), preferably one without chemicals. But avoid rigorous exercise and hot baths or massages on the treatment area for the first 2 days after your session. Make sure to keep your skin clean and protected from the sun. Avoid any sort of tanning.
What to do after treatment?
If your skin feels hot, you can use a fan to cool it down. Avoid touching or scratching the treatment area. Do not put lotion, makeup, or anything else on your skin, including water, for 24 hours. After 24 hours, you should apply sunscreen (at least SPF 30), preferably one without chemicals. Also, avoid rigorous exercise and hot baths or massages on the treatment area for the first 2 days after your session. Make sure to keep your skin clean and protected from the sun. Avoid any sort of tanning.